Phantom 4 RTK Firmware Update (16.09.2019)
DJI released a new firmware update for the Phantom 4 RTK on 16/09/2019.
Here are the most important features of the new firmware:
- Added a Block Segmentation function to divide large mapping areas into multiple missions that can be executed using single aircraft or multi aircraft in Multi-Aircraft Control mode.
- Added altitude optimization for orthogonal operations. When enabled in the app, the aircraft will fly to the center of the operation area to collect a set of oblique images after the flight to optimize the altitude accuracy.
- Added multiple flight modes (for Japan only). When enabled in the aircraft settings in the app, users can switch the flight mode using the flight mode switch on the remote controller. The P and F positions on the remote controller are for P-mode, and the A position is for A-mode.
- D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station can now be used as an RTK rover.
- Added Cloud PPK Service to provide high precision positioning computation (for Europe only, Russia excluded). Users can upload satellite observations files and raw PPK files to the cloud server for post processing and view the results of the PPK calculation.
- Added aircraft altitude comparison in Multi-Aircraft Control mode to optimize obstacle sensing among multiple aircraft. When the altitude difference between aircraft is more than 5 m, criss-cross flight is supported.
- Added a data copy function to the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station. Connect the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station to the computer to copy the PPK data directly.
- Optimized Waypoint operations. When RTK is enabled and it is working properly, users can choose to perform missions using an absolute altitude. Users can select between absolute altitude and relative altitude when starting the mission.
- Optimized UI for Terrain Awareness mode.
- Adjusted the restricted zones for country borders to improve the accuracy of the flight limits.
- Fixed the issue where the Network RTK was unstable in some regions when using a Huawei dongle.
- Fixed the issue where new firmware could not be downloaded in the DJI GS RTK app. When using an old version of the app, this issue can be fixed by: going to the main screen, tapping Menu, then Settings, Apply to All, Explorer, Internal Memory, and entering the path DJI\firm to delete the old firmware file.
- After updating this firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller, the remote controller can only be used with the Phantom 4 RTK aircraft.
- The firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station can only be updated using the DJI GS RTK app.
- Make sure that the firmware for the aircraft, remote controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is all up-to-date. Otherwise, they will not work together.
- Using this firmware with a version of DJI Terra older than v1.2.0. is not recommended, as some functions will not work properly.